- ADM Biopolis VP Wins NutraChampion Award for Lifetime Achievement
- ADM Opens Enzyme Lab in California
- ADM Recognized for Efforts to Promote Workplace Diversity in Ag
- ADM Vice Presidents Camille Batiste, Alix Dowling Named Women Worth Watching
- Creating and Sharing Ag Training Videos in Uganda
- Empowering Smallholder Farmers with Locally-Made Technology
- Growing Business Alliances through Bolivian Quinoa
- Helping Students with Virtual Reality and Technology
- Innovating by Trapping and Storing Carbon Underground
- Making the “Ultimate Plastic” from a Corn-Based Molecule
- A One-Stop-Shop for Food Innovation in Decatur
- Our Commitment to No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation
- Paving the Way for Growth with Vegetable Oil
- POLY4: A Game-Changing Product
- Supporting Agricultural Education in Macon County
- Study Shows ADM Protexin Live Cultures Product Could Offer Hope to Individuals with Severe Head Discomfort
- ADM Animal Nutrition Commercial Sales Manager Serves as 2019 Indianapolis 500 “Milk Man”
- ADM’s Fabiana Bianchi and Manda Tweten are this year’s Women Worth Watching?
- Making the Perfect Plant-Based Burger
- ADM and Marfrig Team Up to Produce Plant-based Burgers in Brazil
- ADM’s New Flour Mill Offers Unparalleled Efficiency and Flexibility
- Creating Chemicals that are Good for the Company and the World
- Veronica Braker on Breaking Through Barriers and Fostering Inclusivity
- Creating Climate-Smart Farming Villages in India
- How do you brew a better beer? With ADM solutions
- These are our founders. This is their story.
- ADM's Leadership in Plant-based Protein
- Driving Sustainable Mint Innovation from the Ground Up
- ?Extending the Life of Cardboard with ADM Specialty Starches
- ADM’s Most-Read Stories in 2019
- Unlocking ADM’s Identity
- Emerging Research in Worms is Early Indicator of Bio-Kult Bacteria Strain’s Potential Impact on Parkinson’s
- ADM’s Global Flexitarian Summit: The Forefront of Alt-Protein Creation
- ADM’s Wright Named A “Woman Worth Watching in STEM”
- ADM’s Mayka van Acht on the Changing Role of Women in the Agriculture Industry
- How ADM Cares is Helping One Woman in Kenya Improve the Lives of Children
- ADM’s Chief Human Resources Officer Answers your Questions about Remote Work
- Five Things ADM Chief Sustainability Officer Alison Taylor Wishes She Knew When She Started
- On the Front Lines: ADM’s Jeff Belcher
- ADM Microbiome Solutions Win Industry Awards
- Team ADM's Women Engineers On Shaping the World
- Promoting Racial Diversity and Equity at ADM
- Hunger Relief at the Heart of Our Purpose: A Conversation with ADM Cares
- Donating Microbial Food Supplements to Healthcare Heroes
- ADM Vessel Rescues Two Sailors off the Coast of the Western Sahara
- Working Together to Feed Chicagoland
- ADM Partners with Auburn University to Innovate in Poultry Feed Enzymes
- Creating an Edge in Sustainable Ice Cream Solutions with Refreshing Summer Flavors
- ADM and Bollywood Stars Partner to Bring “Imagine Meats” to India
- How One Member of #TeamADM is Helping us Fight Food Insecurity in Amsterdam
- ?Using Innovative Video Technology and Augmented Reality to Solve Problems in the Era of COVID-19?
- ? ADM’s Ganador Increases Commitment to Mexican Pet Shelters During the Pandemic
- Ganador? de ADM incrementa su compromiso durante la pandemia con los albergues mexicanos para mascotas
- ADM Joins Brazilian Business Sector in Offering Support to Amazon Council
- Strive 35: ADM’s Plan to Carry Us Forward Sustainably
- Three Key Takeaways from ADM's Climate Week Panel on Sustainability and Growth
- How ADM Supports Smallholder Vanilla Farmers
- Alian?a da Terra –Sustainable Soy in Latin America
- Growing Sustainably: The Mendota Field to Market Wheat Program
- Tackling Postharvest Food Loss in India
- How ADM is Reinventing the Vanilla Supply Chain
- Stranded Boaters Have ARTCO Crew to Thank for Their Safe Return
- Meet the Women Changing the Face of Operations at ADM Mainz
- Working Toward Zero Hunger with Concern Worldwide
- Renewable Chemicals Launches Sales of PG and Glycerin via Amazon
- ADM CEO Juan Luciano Talks to Fortune about Future of Food
- Shaping the Industry’s Conversations on D&I: ADM’s Leticia Goncalves on Building a Successful Career
- Supporting Our Veteran Farmers
- A Moving Tribute: Pink ADM Trucks Raise Breast Cancer Awareness on the Road
- ADM’s Greg Morris Talks Sustainability with Reuters
Donating Microbial Food Supplements to Healthcare Heroes
National Health Service (NHS) staff in the UK, like many other countries, were hit with a sudden surge of patients, putting a tremendous strain on hospital workers.
Additionally, disruptions such as school closures, supermarkets' queues, reduced public transport, to name just a few, often added to the everyday complexity for these essential workers, resulting in their personal health and well-being taking a backseat in priority. The much suggested well-prepared, balanced diet was often substituted by quick and easy alternatives.
ADM Protexin in the UK decided to act, by offering 9,000 Bio-Kult microbial food supplement samples to help support medical staff at the NHS by complementing their gut flora, at a time when they need it the most.
The donation was part of a wider project named Project Wingman, which gathers volunteers from the airline industry who, with flights stranded during the pandemic, sought ways to support NHS workers across the country. The airline volunteers set up ‘First Class Lounges’ in hospitals, where NHS staff come to unwind, to help lower stress levels by providing food, drinks, as well as some much needed moral support.
‘It’s been truly inspiring to see so many communities, charities, businesses and individuals coming together during this time. Ten hospitals across the UK have received our Bio-Kult samples, reaching approximately 2,000 NHS staff. No act of kindness is too small and we’re proud to be able to offer support to those working on the frontline,’ said Beki Daniel, Marketing Executive at ADM Protexin.
ADM recently won three awards at the NutraIngredients Awards: ‘Probiotic Product of the Year,’ ‘Ingredient of the Year’ and ‘Editor’s Award for Functional Food Innovation'. Read about these awards here.
Interested in find out more about our Bio-Kult products? Click here.